AA Thornton Ltd ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is AA Thornton Ltd of 1-7 High Street, Kettering, NN16 8ST.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by phone,
e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when making a purchase, enquiring about or quoting a price for a product, requesting
us to design and commission a piece, carry out a repair or alteration, offer to us items for sale and request a valuation.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, certificates and valuations of items, forms of proof of identity and address including but not limited to driving licence, passport, and utility bills.
- Information we collect about you. We may photograph items including those which we have sold, you have brought in for repair, those which you may offer for sale to us and those which you have brought in for valuation.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us and we collect about you
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information where possible about previous historical purchase, repairs, commissions, valuations and offers for sale by you.
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If AA Thornton Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of AA Thornton Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or in the case of hard copy information in secure premises. It may also be
processed by staff who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order,
the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer,
storing or processing. AA Thornton Ltd will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance
Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if
we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise
your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at AA Thornton Ltd, 1-7 High Street, Kettering, NN16 8ST or email@example.com
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.